Because I’ve been feeling so happy and normal again I’ve decided to jump back in to the wonderful world of dating. So where does a busy woman who has practically no more single friends find men these days? Trolling the bars on her own, you ask? No silly, hopefully I have at least 10 more years before that seems like a viable option! Why, it’s in the not-at-all-humiliating world of online dating, of course! And in true Val fashion it seems fitting that my next series of blogs will focus on my thoughts, critiques, and experiences while Internet dating.
Let me start this series with a discussion on screen names. It’s important to note that the site I’m on makes members select a screen name that is unique so that no two names can be exactly alike and they encourage members not to use any part of their real name. This leaves members in a real quandary as to what name to select. I mean, the screen name and the ever-so-critical profile picture is what can differentiate you from the droves of other people on the site vying for attention. For me, this name can truly make the difference as to whether I will even bother to open a profile or not. Listed below are a few of my favorites.
• Creamypassion - This one made me throw up in my mouth a little.
• SpiceeItalian4U – Nope, noooooooo, no, no, no!
• Wanttoclimbitall – Ummm, I sure hope you’re into rock climbing because otherwise I wouldn’t touch you with a 10 foot condom!
• godsgreatgift- Dude you have seriously just set yourself up for failure.
• Dred2date – Actually I give him kudos on his creativity on this one because he had a some BIG dreadlocks on his profile picture.
• Mrs73 – I’m sorry, why are you - a GUY - calling yourself “Mrs" anything???
• Butterflymagic – Really... really...
• Lil_tiger – I’m not sure which one I like more – Butterflymagic or lil_tiger?
And your favorite is?